Engraved gold plated brass pendant on gold fill rope chain. Savannah, owner & designer of Merewif, sketched the artwork that’s engraved on this necklace based on Diana, who was a roman goddess of the hunt & the moon, and had the power to talk to animals. The non-engraved side is equally as beautiful.
All Merewif gold plated jewelry is 100% brass beneath the gold plate. She uses much thicker plating than the industry standard so that your pieces will last through years of wear. Once the pieces are plated, a protective finish is added to further prolong the life of the gold plate. There is no nickel in any of her materials. This gold plated jewelry should hold its plating for years if hte wearer takes proper care of the pieces. (See below.)
To prolong the life of your gold plated and gold filled pieces, we recommend the following:
- Remove when swimming (chlorine and salt can affect plating over time), showering, or washing your hands
- Remove when applying lotions, oils, perfumes, etc.
- Remove when doing chores or cleaning, especially with harsh chemicals
- Remove rings when getting a manicure and necklaces/earrings when having hair treated
- Do not use jewelry cleaner on plated items. You can polish these pieces with a damp cloth.